Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors have a unique set of safety features included within our wide variety of sliding configurations. Nothing is more important than having safety and feeling comfortable within your home. Our specially designed threshold may be flush fitted, level with the internal floor level to minimise any hazard of tripping. With a combination of stainless steel tracks and high specification hardware, we can ensure despite the weight of your doors, they will literally glide open for many years to come.
Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors guarantee to combine sophisticated style and elegance with high security performance using the latest high security multi-point locking systems.
- Slim and Strong Polyamide Thermally Broken Aluminium Profiles
- Two to Four Panel Configurations Available - all panels can slide
- Panels slide on a double track. A double track system with 2 panels, gives around a 50% clear opening
- Multipoint High Security Lock
- Lifting Locking Mechanism – Allows the door to use its own weight as a locking point
- Optional Locking Points on 3 sides of each panel
Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors provide thermal efficiency that keeps your energy bills low and help you stay green. To consider an accurate U-Value reading we take into consideration the door size and glass U-Values. Our Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors have been tested and independently certified, they exceed British Building Regulation requirements.
Our Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors are perfect for tall and wide openings, with panels up to 4 metres each, an 8 metre opening can therefore be achieved with just two sliding panels. High weather performance makes Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors suitable for use in exposed areas. This system is designed to provide large glass panels, for unobstructed views and maximum light.
Aluminium & Materials
For style and security, frame strength is an important factor to take into consideration. Aston Architectural use premium, energy efficient aluminium to manufacture its products. Aluminium is a strong and durable material, not only is it aesthetically appealing, the profile is narrow and upholds vast capabilities.
- Aluminium is extruded in accordance with BS EN 755 Part 1-9:2008 and BS EN 12020-2:2008
- Polyester Powder Coating material is produced in accordance with BS 6496/97:1984
- Silver Anodising in produced in accordance with BS EN 12373, ranging from 5-25 microns
- Polyamide Thermally Broken Aluminium is produced in accordance with BS EN 14024:2004
- Gaskets are produced in accordance with BS EN 3734:1997
Our Popular Finishes
Our Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors are available in a standard White (RAL 9910 Gloss), Grey (RAL 7016 Matte) and Black (RAL 9011 Semi-Gloss).
Our Textured Finishes
Our Aluminium Lift & Slide Doors are all painted with a hardwearing polyester powder coat paint, the paint is built to last and baked onto the aluminium. We only use approved Polyester Powder Coat Specialists and can therefore offer a 20 year guarantee. This finish is high quality and low maintenance, only requiring an occasional wipe down.
Beautiful colours can be achieved from choosing from our RAL Colour System. The RAL Colour system is used for information defining standard colours for paint and coatings and is the most popular Central European Colour Standard used today.
You can specify your size, make your configuration, select your finishes and we will manufacture to your specific requirements. The accessories to your Aluminium Lift & Slide Door are the perfect way to complement your style in an ergonomic and timeless fashion.
Our lever handles are a new concept in Lift & Slide Technology. Opening at 180 degrees they are out of the glass sight-line when not in use. They give a stylish and contemporary look and feel to your living space.
The sizes outlined below are to be used for guidance purposes only. If the sizes you require are less than the minimum or exceeds our maximum recommended sizes, please get in touch with our technical department so our team of professionals can assist you further.
- Head / Top: 143.5 mm
- Jamb / Side: 143.5 mm
- Meeting Stiles: 200 mm
- Interlock: 105 mm
- Bottom - Excluding Cill: 143.5 mm
- Step over / Threshold height: 55 mm
- Outerframe Depth: 123 mm
- Sash Depth: 51 mm
- Glazed Sealed Units: 28 mm
- Cill Size: 30 mm
- Head Extension: 30 mm
- Can be specified for residential / commercial applications
- Meets building regulations for new build
- Meets building regulations for replacement and refurbishment projects
- Standard Interlock is suitable for use on up to the first floor and doors up to 2400 mm tall